|Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows
Beloved, this saying is trustworthy:
whoever aspires to the office of bishop desires a noble task.
Therefore, a bishop must be irreproachable,
married only once, temperate, self-controlled,
decent, hospitable, able to teach,
not a drunkard, not aggressive, but gentle,
not contentious, not a lover of money.
He must manage his own household well,
keeping his children under control with perfect dignity;
for if a man does not know how to manage his own household,
how can he take care of the Church of God?
He should not be a recent convert,
so that he may not become conceited
and thus incur the Devil’s punishment.
He must also have a good reputation among outsiders,
so that he may not fall into disgrace, the Devil’s trap.Similarly, deacons must be dignified, not deceitful,
not addicted to drink, not greedy for sordid gain,
holding fast to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.
Moreover, they should be tested first;
then, if there is nothing against them,
let them serve as deacons.
Women, similarly, should be dignified, not slanderers,
but temperate and faithful in everything.
Deacons may be married only once
and must manage their children and their households well.
Thus those who serve well as deacons gain good standing
and much confidence in their faith in Christ Jesus.
Words in parenthesis are not included in the Gospel. They are just my own personal comments side comments. The post is intended to show the zeal that can be derived from walking into the pages of the Gospel Truth. Enjoy this journey with me and leave your comment below. Remember, that living the Gospel Truth = Living Catholic Strong. May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ Guide and protect you and your generations.
First Reading discerned with Matthew 19:16-30
Brothers and Sister, let today’s first reading may discourage those who wish to follow CHRIST and server in his vineyard. The Gospel of CHRIST calls on ALL to follow him. And if we are to live the TRUTH, Then the Gospel of CHRIST must reign supreme. This is why he came to show all the way to salvation And employed all that answered the call to work for his Kingdom.
Matthew 19: -16-30
let’s take a look at –
The story of The Rich Young man:
16: Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”
- (Jesus already assessed his heart and saw that this man was just seeking praise from man, so Christ took him to school).
17: Why do you ask me about what is good? Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.”
- (This man kept on pushing for recognition/ validation)
18: Which ones? The man inquired.
- (What do you mean, which ones – do you think that God would waist his time to give us a law that he did not want us to obey, is what some of us would have responded or concealed in our thoughts)
- (by listing seven of the commandments, but deliberately left out the First and most important law of them all. Any guesses of what the omitted command is?
“Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony,
19 honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.”
- (Perhaps praising himself or gloating with pride the rich man responded)
20 ” All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”
- (Now you know that Christ saw this question coming before it came, so without acknowledging the young mans self praise)
21Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
- ( Remember that all important commandment that was deliberately omitted? Go ahead and tell us, you know that you want to be the one to answer this question, so go ahead and place the answer on the response line).
22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
- (He was not ready for the TRUTH. He was probably use to receiving praises of his righteousness from those who benefited from his earthly wealth).
23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
- (So, is their hope for the rich? Let’s find out, so be very attentive)
24 Again I tell you it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of the needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
- ( ooh no, is all hope lost? Let’s continue)
25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “who then can be saved?”
26 Jesus looked at them and said
- (probably tickled with the expression of confusion and fear on the face of his disciples).
“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible).”
- (Praise be to the God of impossibilities).
- (I can just imagine some of them breathing a sigh of relief, while others proclaimed within themselves that Jesus almost stopped them from breathing with the suspense of hope lost.
- When a man loses faith in the possibility of entering into the kingdom, then his life here on earth is already over. What will be the point for him to obey any humane laws or examine his conscious.
It now becomes a race for the survival of the fittest.
- All men have faith or hope in something, but if these beliefs that help us try to be better human beings continues to be twisted, challenged and even targeted for destruction. A society of moral bankruptcy will then emerge to lead creation to its end.
- Faith and hope must be restored with the whole TRUTH. And these truths are found, clarified and simplified in the Gospels of Christ. You can still walk with him by reading the the accounts of his disciples while you are in the spirit. Please stop digging and searching for things to use to discredit the reminder of the Gospel TRUTHS or looking for passages to try to suppress, confuse / contradict the TRUTH.
- Christians, when in doubt, be assured that the Gospel of Christ reigns supreme because it is the word of God perfected in the flesh.
- (OK let’s finish up this chapter).
27Peter answered him, “We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?”
- ( You see, every one is interested in a reward for their service, even if it is just praise. When we follow Christ and put him first, we will not leave his presence sad and brokenhearted like the rich man. We will no longer be just his friends. We
- You and I!, Us!, will now share in his heavenly inheritance as his brothers and sisters.
- (Pay attention to how Christ restores hope and fuels faith with his answer to Peter(The Rock).
28Jesus said to his disciples, I tell you the truth,
- (throughout the Gospels, you will often here the Lord begin his responses with “I tell you the Truth.”that factor alone qualifies the Gospel as the map for salvation. Can I get an Amen, somebody!).
- At the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
- (through Christ the gentiles have been adopted, I don’t know about you, but I plan to squeeze in that line that leads to that mansion that Christ spoke about. You are welcomed to join us in this race of life).
29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
- ( Do you see these words manifest today just as he said? Good news my brothers and sister in the Lord we have evidence of this TRUTH here and now).
- Just take a look at the lives of our Clergyman, Nuns, Sisters, Ministers, Deacons, all the way down to the Lay Catholics and discern for yourself the manifestation of these promises in our world today.
- Look at how richly blessed and loved our POPE is today. He has children, brothers and sisters in every nation, our father in heaven & the mother of God is now his mother (can we please get in on some of these holy relationships? For this reason among many others, we call our beloved POPE, Father.)
- The house offered to him is a palace reserved for saints in waiting here on earth and the lands of the earth are placed in his care to Shepard the sheep’s.
- The seas are filled with souls waiting to be caught with the reels of the Holy Spirit and the bait of the life giving Eucharist.
- Now, to crown it all, all expenses are covered by his Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, of which, I am a proud, yet humble member. Brothers and Sister, if all these treasures can be received here on earth, I can not even begin to imagine the glorious treasures stored for those who follow and live this TRUTH faithful. Can you picture it? I don’t think that my mind can arrive at that level of gloriousness. If yours can, please do tell!)
30 but many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.
- Brothers and Sisters in Christ do not be deceived with the Word and do not be discouraged in rendering service/ worship to the King of Kings.
- Saint Matthew who presents us with the accounts of these truth’s was once judged unfit to follow Christ by men,
Saint Mary Magdalene (once judged as an unfit sinner by others) was richly blessed and highly favoured with the first sighting of our risen Lord.
- Saint Paul used the same zeal and passion that he used to prosecute the Christians to capture many souls for the kingdom,
Now look at how Christ was accused, tried and crucified without prof of guilt by men who wanted to kill the TRUTH. Even in our world today, the mother of God continues to gracefully suffer the sorrows of blasphemy by men.
Man must speak, but God will have the final say! this journey will not be easy, it has never been.
Sorrowful heart of Our Mother Mary, Pray for us!
Be encouraged and continue to Live Catholic Strong!
Praise and glory belongs to our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Honor to mary, for through her labor and sorrows, the WORD was made Flesh and became Man!